Chuckles at the title of this blog post. Who remembers when we used to write those “How I Spent My Holiday” essays in primary/secondary school? The lies yo! “My daddy took our entire family to disneyland”, yea, if there was a Disneyland in Makurdi then sure! smh
What a city!
Sucks you in, seduces you, makes you fall in love with it, then completely exasperates you and when you think you’ve gotten to the point where you’re definitely done, she sucks you right back in with her seductively enticing energy! It’s no secret I have a love-hate relationship with Lagos…. This holiday though, it was mostly love. Alot of loving. I’m afraid i’m loving Lagos a little more than is healthy and that worries me.
What did I do? Plenty!
If you follow any of my social media pages then you already have a good idea, so consider this post a wrap up of my amazing holiday and the amazing time I’ve these last couple of weeks.
1. I took pictures. Alot. Of myself, of food, of things. Vanity is my biggest sin.
2. I ATE! Alot. I also drank my weight in cocktails.
3. Indulged & satisfied all my sweet tooth cravings.
**Notice how I categorized my deserts separately from the food? Reason: Food is for the stomach; desert isn’t. Desert doesn’t go to the stomach, it goes to the heart**
4. Had a lovely Christmas. Got gifted this beautiful mug. I love it.
5. Met someone.
6. Went to the beach.
6. Caught a nasty flu/chesty cough bug. Still dealing with it. Lots of un-sexy coughing, not cute at all.
7. Went to see Wakaa The Musical. Loved it.
8. Fasted into the New Year and spent crossover night in Church. Prayed like I’ve never prayed before – with spiritual anger. I’ve set my year in motion for good, 2016 about to be lit!
9. Went to the beach. Again.
10.Went on a date.
11. Alot of nothing. That good type of lazy nothingness. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
12. Did not exercise AT ALL. Not even for a day. Je ne regrette rien.
On my last night, I sat at the cafe [Inspiro Galleria] and just chilled…. whispering about nothing & everything with this really sexy guy I just met.
Indeed, I had an amazing holiday.
Back home now [in Benue] eating loads of pounded yam and genger. Next week, I’ll dust the trainers & see about a detox plan.
So you see….. My 2016 is already off to an incredibly great start.
How’s yours going? How was your holiday?